Friday 16 March 2012

'49 days' drama recommendation




Genre – ‘Fantasy’ n ‘Romance’.

I have to say this drama has one of the best plots, which will keep you on your toes with a load of unpredictable and surprising twists.

In fact, I prefer this drama more than 'Secret Garden', a very popular 'fantasy' drama; because, in my opinion, the plot of this drama simply made the viewers intrigued even though SG entertained its audience with many funny scenes.  

It started off light and fluffy yet interesting. Then it reeled you in gradually, before you know it, you are hooked to this drama (post-mid episodes)! It just gets better and better, more and more interesting, especially after episodes 8-9. These are the episodes where I normally lose my interest, for some dramas, and wonder off before coming back to endure through so that I can experience the good stuffs near the end. On contrary, this drama left me wanting more during those episodes to a point that I would start watching it without English subtitles! I was literally counting days for Wed and Thurs, when this drama was aired in Korea and raw videos uploaded at night, and Fri, when these videos were subbed. 

Having watched A LOT (and I meant A LOT) of k-dramas, I could normally, kind of, predict what will happen from the clues in the present drama or my gut feeling. But this drama, I could only do so for earlier episodes. My predictions and gut feelings of what will happen went out of the window in the last few episodes. For instance, I thought I knew how the ending will turn out after watching episode 18. Ohh boy, how wrong was I????

Despite being the ‘Fantasy’ genre drama, the whole drama flows and the plot makes sense. In addition, it has a lot of useful life messages that we can take home.

The romance part of the drama is also a total success as well! Daebak!!! The chemistry between the actors is amazing. If this drama were a science lab, the chemistry between the couples in the drama would be so reactive that it would explode with AWESOMENESS! Excuse my geeky lame joke!  The love portrayed between the couples was tender and so romantic while the friendship developed throughout the drama was touching. All the actors in this drama are so talented.

Eyecandy/ character you would fall for :p – Well well well, if I don’t start off with the scheduler (played by Jung Il Woo), it wouldn’t be fair. I thought he was cute and a bit cool in ‘Take care of the young Lady’, but he totally convinced me that he’s a COOL guy (with a capital C), who oozes with confidence with a hint of edginess in this drama. He is funky, quirky and stylish yet he can also be a ‘nice romantic guy’. Another guy that deserves the attention is K___ahhh (I can only use initial with suffix since I might spoil the beginning bits if I mentioned the full screen name). Although he seems a bit old for my taste at first, his character is a total prince charming, disguised by the cold-hearted guy image. His character becomes more and more likeable, episode after episode, since you get to see more and more of his caring and love for the heroine.

All the female actors in this drama are really beautiful, esp Ji Hyun (Nam Gyu Ri) and Yi Kyung (Lee Yo Won), whose characters are so loveable as well.

Overall, I felt all sorts of emotions along with the actors in this drama; I laughed, cried, felt touched, was sad, was happy,etc. It really was an adventurous roller coaster ride. I would totally recommend it to any k-drama lover! 

No comments:

Post a Comment